Tuesday, March 3, 2009

stair climb


well, it's been a week now since the 'run the republic' stair climb so it's about time i get something on the blog! the short is...i made it. the long is...it was a LONG way up those stinking stairs! really, i felt good about the whole thing. i knew going into it that i wasn't a top tier stair climber. my goals were to do the climb, enjoy myself, and try to push myself enough that when i got to the top i would be spent. from that i was hoping to be able to recognize what part of my training was lacking. and in the end, i accomplished all of my goals. my lungs were burning so bad at the end! i'm pretty sure that at the pace i was moving , i wouldn't have been able to much more. heck, i don't even remember seeing but 3 or 4 floor numbers from about 35 to the top at 53! it's all a blurr. so i succeded in wasting myself. what did i learn? well, 53 stories is a LONG way up there! really, my legs and the rest of my body felt good. even as hard as i pushed myself, i didn't get sore. BUT my lungs were in rough shape. so...more cardio. that's the lesson...at least it was a fun class!

No comments:

Post a Comment